7 Ways to Reward the Brain-Ted Talk
Tom Chatfield explores the gaming worlds and why they are so captivating. Board games and puzzles has always been a favorite in my family. As the virtual world has grown immensely over the past few years, there has been a fair amount of Candy Crush and Pet Rescue at our house. My farm in Farmville has probably long been gone since I lost interest and time after a couple of days. The only time I have been exposed to games where you have to buy or borrow things is when Facebook shows that I have been invited into one game or another. It has been puzzling as to why these games are so popular. The reward system is a good theory. Rewards, feedback, challenges, and risks are elements that keep our brains stimulated. As an educator though, I would want to make sure the games have some educational content, not just for entertainment. Of course students being engaged is what teachers strive for in their classrooms. The future holds many opportunities for students.
No comments:
Post a Comment